Interested in finding the best activity tracker for kids? Activity tackers are similar to a fitness tracker which most adult flaunt on their wrist. These durable devices come with the basic features of a fitness tracker (pedometer) like step counter, sleeping pattern monitoring and daily movement goals. However, these made for kids trackers come with added features like reward system and games to make the process fun. With the best activity tracker for kids, parents can stay up-to-date with their child’s activity level and keep an eye on their overall health and well-being. As there are many great activity trackers for kids, the top 10 of them have been reviewed next to ensure parents can truly select the right activity tracker for children.
Top 10 Best Activity Tracker for Kids
It happens to track active minutes and all-days steps making it easy for the parents to track their child’s activities. It comes with a sleep tracker as well.
- It comes with step challenges or the “CDC” which encourages kids to get all at least 60 minutes of activity.
- It provides virtual badges to the kids after they have completed the set goals. Besides, kids can even create their avatars.
- It comes with paternal control’ feature.
- It can last for at least 3-5 days after a single charge of 1 hour.
- It comes in different colors and interchangeable accessories.
- The interface is very easy to use and navigate.
- It is lightweight and compact.
- It happens to be waterproof (water resistant to 50M).
- It does not come with GPS, HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) and SpO2 sensor.
This durable and lightweight activity tracker for kids comes with themed tap challenge game making the whole process fun and engaging. It also comes with step challenges (Toe-to-Toe’) with which your child can take with others after syncing the tracker with them.
- The Parental Personal Assistant’ App allows parents to be in control and stay informed about the kid’s sleeping and activity pattern with the rewards.
- It comes with colored screen that can be customizable.
- It comes with around 1-year battery life, meaning there will be no need of recharging.
- It comes in different themes (Star Wars, Spiderman, Princess etc.) and colors.
- It is waterproof.
- It comes with task timer’ or alerts’ features allowing parents to remind their kids to take any medicine or do their homework and such other chores.
- It is bit expensive.
Parents will get full record of steps taken, calories burnt, distance travelled, sleeping pattern of their child with this activity tracker. With just an hour of charging, kids can enjoy all the benefits for about 5-7 days.
- It is compatible with Bluetooth 4.0+, IOS 7 and above and Android 4.4 and above. It supports SNS and SMS notification from different social media accounts including call reminder’ option.
- It also comes with “Sedentary Alert” that will keep on reminding your child about the activity goal.
- Whenever the activity tracker will become out-of-range’ from Bluetooth connectivity, it will notify you by vibrating (anti-loss feature).
- It is waterproof (IP67).
- It does not require cable for charging (USB Charging only).
- It comes with an alarm clock with silent or vibration option.
- It is for kids of ages 5 and up only.
Besides the usual pedometer features, this also includes heart rate monitoring and sleep monitoring. So, a parent can get the full details of their child’s health and activity level.
- Multiple common sports mode are available which will help the kid and the parents to get the best out of this tracker. The modes are running, football, basketball, cycling and even treadmill and sit-up modes.
- It comes with different alerts and reminders like hung-up call reminders, SNS and SMS notifications, GPS tracking, and Sedentary alert features among others.
- The design is sleek and feels comfortable on wrist.
- It comes with 8 different dial face (including 1 analog style).
- It is waterproof (IP67).
- It needs one Lithium ion battery.
Unlike its previous model, the size and design of the band has been changed for the better. Besides, you will get another band in the color of your choice with each purchase.
- It comes with a Remote Camera Control along with text, call and social media notifications.
- Besides tracking activities and sleep, it also provides different alerts and reminders like Hydration reminder (drinking water reminder), Sedentary reminders, alarms etc.
- Data display comes with an automatic daily reset feature and allows data storage for 7 days straight without syncing the device to the official app.
- It will provide notification when it is removed away from the connected device (a range of 5m).
- The set-up process is easy and quick. It comes with manual and reward chart as well.
- It comes with lifetime technical support.
- It is also waterproof (IP67)
- It requires one lithium metal battery.
As per the manufacturers, the device will fit a wrist that is between 6.1 to 4.6 inches, making it perfect for growing kids.
- The operating temperature happens to be between 45 degree Celsius to -10 degree Celsius.
- With 10 different clock setting, it is customizable.
- It provides rewards and badges and everything is trackable via the helpful Fitbit app.
- It is lightweight and sleek in design.
- The battery will last up to 4-5 days after a charge.
- It is showerproof.
- It comes in limited colors.
Along with the standard pedometer features, it also features remote camera photography and sedentary reminder.
- Besides heart rate monitoring, it can also help by providing blood pressure and blood oxygen measurement.
- Unlike the previous model, this latest one from the company has a great color screen which is only 0.96 inches in size.
- It comes with a multi-sport mode for cycling, running, walking etc.
- It supports a lot of different devices.
- The battery will last for about 5 to 7 days.
- It is waterproof (IP67)
- It is bit on the expensive side.
From all-day activity tracking to different smart notifications and alerts, this one has all the features to be one the best in the market currently.
- It can provide quite accurate heart rate and blood pressure records.
- It has a silent alarm feature which wakes up your child up gently.
- It has 4 sport modes providing accurate details as per the form of the activity.
- It has a health assistant reminder which let the wearer know how long he/she has been inactive and remind them to get active or stretch.
- It is waterproof (IP68).
- It supports cable-free USB charging and the battery life after each charge will last for 7-8 days.
- It is lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- It comes with limited color options.
Besides the basic features like step counting and calories burnt, this will also monitor the heart rate and even track sleep to provide different data like light sleeping hours, deep sleeping hours etc.
- It has 8 different dial styles making it great fun for kids.
- It come with 5 different sports modes (sit-ups, running, basketball, football and cycling).
- It is waterproof (IP68).
- It has a slim design and is lightweight.
- It comes with a money-back guarantee.
- The screen can be hard to read in harsh sunlight sometimes.
Besides step counting, calories burnt and sleep quality tracking, this one provides continuous 24-hour heart rate recording as well. It also provides different SNS and call notifications.
- It comes with 14 different sport modes including biking, hiking, spinning, yoga and so on.
- Features like remote photography and sedentary reminders is available.
- It has up to 10 alarm clocks along with wrist sensor switch.
- It is lightweight and sleek with a 0.96-inch color screen.
- It is compatible with all the latest IOS and Android versions.
- USB charging without cable is possible and battery life will last around 6-7 days after just 2 hours of charging.
- It is waterproof (IP68) as well.
- Sometimes it faces connectivity issues.
There you have it, the list of the best activity trackers for children! Now all you have to do is go through the products thoroughly and select the one which you think will be the best for your kid.