A fully featured 8 inch tablet at a reasonable price may be difficult to find, but not anymore!
Nowadays, highly advanced tech gadgets are all competing for are money! Whether it’s a phone or an 8″ tablet, these gadgets are the most commonly used and are always being updated with new features.
And some features are more desirable to certain people than others.
For instance, a graphic designer would probably prefer a tablet with bigger screen size. However, others may appreciate a compact tablet for travel.
Whatever the case, making a selection is tough because there are plenty of variants available in the market. It depends on what purpose you plan on using a tablet.
For most of the people, an 8” tablet will be a good choice. Before that, 7” and 10” tablets were luring customers.
In this article, we are going to talk about the best 8” tablet. We have gathered the top ten 8” tablet options under one roof for your convenience. It will assist you in choosing the best one according to your need.
Highest Ranked 8″ Tablet Reviews
If you can’t afford a costly tablet then order this one. It’s the cheapest 8″ tablet which is existing in our top 10 list. Most people are unaware of Amazon’s fire series tablet. This series is very much popular among tablet users because of its affordability and robust performance.
It’s packed with 8-inch HD display with the pixel density of 189 and resolution of 1280 x 800. Moreover, there is Quad-Core 1.3 GHz processor, 1.5 GB RAM, 16/32 GB memory expandable up to 400 GB with microSD card.
- Relatively inexpensive compared to other models
- Has hands-free Alexa features (able to take voice commands)
- 90 day limited warranty
- Some users have complained that it runs slow
Samsung is leading and the most loved brand among smartphone and tablet users. Indubitably saying, this is the best tablet made by the Samsung. It can be used for multiple purposes. The tablet is equipped with 8” HD display and having the resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
It is finished in a sleek metal frame design which makes it comfortable to hold. Moreover, the device is powered with 1.4GHz Snapdragon 425 Chipset. It runs on Android Nougat 7.1. This is a fair deal to make because it only costs for not more than $166.99 on Amazon.
- Can expand memory to up to 256GB
- You can share files with a Samsung smartphone wirelessly
- Strong batter; 14 hours of video playback
- A user complained that charging took too long
This is another amazing masterpiece from Samsung. Its Tab S2 comes in two different screen sizes including 8 inch and 9.7 inch. There is not much difference in both. The 8” tablet boasts powerful 3 GB SDRAM and powered with Exynos 5433 Octa core processor (1.8GHz Quad + 1.4GHz).
The processors are paired with Adreno 510 graphics that provide wonderful experience while playing a game and watching videos. It operates on Android Marshmallow 6.0 operating system. There are many reasons to purchase this. More details are available on Amazon.
- Good for long term use; users experience no performance issues over time
- Has 64GB storage
- Clear display with vivid colors
- Some have found user support lacking
If it’s an Apple product, then you know how stunning the tablet will be. Apple iPad Mini 4 is available in three variants. All these variants have LED‑backlit display of 7.9 inch with 2048×1536 resolution. The screen has anti-reflective coating.
It delivers crisp picture quality with the pixel density of 326. It comes with powerful A8 chip. Apart from that, it is boasting Touch ID fingerprint sensor and HD video recording with 8 MP rear camera.
- Long lasting battery (10 hours)
- Compatible with Bluetooth keyboards
- Lightweight and fast
- May receive refurbished product (here’s the latest iPad mini)
The Tab 4 is featured with built-in dual front faced speaker accompanied with Dolby Atmos Audio.
It contains a special feature “kidz zone” to help your kids learn with the help of kid-friendly contents. Also, it’s running on a Quad-core Snapdragon processor and 8 GB RAM.
- Very little bloatware installed
- Durable product; can handle a few drops
- Good for kids and adults
- Long battery life (20 hours)
- Only 16GB of memory
Music is an important part of our lives. Huawei understood this and came up with its Media M5 model. It has an HD IPS display screen of 8.4 inch. This serves wide viewing angle to users for watching their favorite movies and listening to music online.
The tablet is running on the Android Oreo operating system. It’s also equipped with an impressive rear 13 MP camera and 8 MP front camera.
Apart from that, this tablet has received certification from Harman Kardon for providing quality audio and video experience in the right proportion.
- Very light (aluminum built)
- Good display at 2500 x 1600
- Good sound quality with Dual Harman Kardon-Tuned Speakers
- A few negative experiences with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
This is an extremely lightweight 8 inch tablet that’s sported with 1 GB SDRAM and 1.3 GHz processor. It only weighs 1.03 pounds making it easier to handle and carry.
Capture your favorite moments with a rotatable 8 MP camera. Lose yourself in the world of movies with Dolby Atmos Sound.
Despite the tablet is operating on Android 5.1 Lollipop, it will provide you all the useful features that one seek in a flagship tablet.
Moreover, the operating system is supported with Huawei Emotion UI 8.0. The best part of this tab is the quick charging feature. Its 5100 mAh powered battery only takes 1.5 hours to charge completely.
- Equipped with folding hinge/stand for convenience
- Detailed images with 2HD IPS display
- 15 hour battery life
- Slightly heavier than competing products
The Asus ZenPad has an elegant and solid squarish design. The 8 inch tablet from Asus features Full HD screen resolution protected with corning gorilla glass 3. To provide a better visual experience to users, this tab comes with ASUS TruVivid technology.
It enhances the experience while streaming videos or playing games. It houses a powerful 1.3 GHz Intel Atom Z3530 Quad-Core processor that helps in the smooth functioning of the device. Multitasking is easy when there is 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of onboard storage.
- Has a 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee
- Lightweight at only .8 lb
- No GPS
The NuVision tablet is another cheap but high-grade device having full HD display of 8” with the maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200. NuVision is a trustworthy brand and it hasn’t had presented a quintessential choice to us.
It sports 1.3 GHz Intel Atom processor paired with Intel HD graphics. The device is supported with 2GB DDR3L-RS for multitasking and avoiding lagging.
Don’t expect that this will run on the same operating system as the above-mentioned tabs. This 8 inch tablet has windows 10 OS so you are getting something better at an affordable cost.
- Durable product with slick aluminum backing
- Crips and clear screen with detailed images
- Lightweight at only .68 lb
- Battery life not as long (6 hours)
Samsung has always amazed us with its series of tablets. This 8.4 inch tablet has a huge fanbase and it went quite popular after the release. The tab operates on Android 4.4 Kitkat operating system.
There is a 1.9 GHz Exynos 5 Octa Processor (1.9 GHz Quad Core + 1.3 GHz Quad Core) processor in the device. To do some necessary works or even playing games, 3 GB RAM is enough. In addition, 8 MP rear camera and 2 MP front camera is what makes this device worth for your money.
- Good screen quality at 2560 x 1600
- Very fast and performance is good
- Light and durable
- Comes with bloatware
- Camera quality not the best
8 Inch Tablet FAQ
1) What is the best 8 inch tablet to buy?
Its features include:
- 16 or 32 GB internal storage capacity which can be extended up to 400 GB by using a micro SD card,
- 8” HD quality display,
- battery life up to 10 hours, and
- a quad-core processor of 1.3 GHz as well as 1.5 GB RAM.
- It has also been enabled to be used hands-free with Alexa.
- It’s compatible with dual-band Wi-Fi
- Lastly, it has a rear facing HD camera of 2 MP and a front camera of 2MP.
Features of Fire HD 8 Tablet:
Responsive and fast: Its 1.3 GHz quad-core processor allows you to enjoy your entertainment as it is 50% more responsive and faster than its previous version.
Exciting HD display: The HD display of this tablet with 1280 x 800p resolutions provides a stunning and bright picture with millions of pixels.
It will provide clear and crisp images while playing games and watching movies. Its IPS LCD display provides you brighter and less glaring images every time.
Enormous storage space: The standard storage space of this tablet is 16 GB which is double than its previous version. Its storage capacity can be expanded up to 400 GB by using a micro SD card.
So you should not worry about storing the movies, photos, apps and games compatible with it. This tablet also allows you to store all your photos and Amazon content taken with it on the free unlimited space on the cloud.
Capture the moments of life: The 2MP rear-facing camera provided in this tablet allows you to shoot videos and photos of 720p resolution.
Power requirements: The battery of this tablet allows you to use it flexibly throughout the day as once fully charged it can last for up to 10 hours.
Survival in everyday life: This tablet can face every situation in day-to-day life as it has to pass more than 50 tests before introducing it in the market. Its tests include repeated tumbles, drops, spills and wear and tear faced in everyday life.
Designed for entertainment for all: The Amazon Fire tablet has been designed for the entire family. Parents can watch their favorite TV shows and movies, read a lot of online content.
This includes magazines and eBooks, listening to music and audios of their choice and downloading apps to play games and watch premium TV shows. It also has more than 20,000 titles with unlimited free time for kids.
2) Which is a better 8 inch or 10 inch tablet?
In order to know which is better between 8” tablets and 10” tablets, you should compare their pros and cons.
Pros and cons of 8 inch tablet
- An 8” tablet can be held in hand to port it easily
- They are affordable
- They are good for reading online stuff
- They are better for watching videos, movies and reading as well as browsing the web content.
- They are not the good for surfing online because it is hard to navigate on them
- They are not good for works like creating and editing documents and spreadsheets etc.
Pros and cons of 10” tablets
- They are good for watching videos and movies
- They are the best for playing online games
- They are good for reading online magazines and newspapers
- They are good for doing works like creating and editing documents and spreadsheets along with making calculations etc.
- 10” tablets are relatively costly than 8” tablets
- They are not handy to port
- They are uncomfortable while carrying by hand
- Thus you can easily conclude which one is better 8” tablet or 10” tablet.
3) What is the lightest 8 inch tablet?
Samsung has introduced S2 8” Tab in gold, white and black color variants to choose from as the lightest tablet in its class. It includes Marshmallow Android 6.0 operating system, and 8” Super AMOLED display with 2048 x 1536 pixel resolution to provide you crispy and clear images.
Its other features include a processor with Octacore application and Quad 1.4 + 1.8 GHz. Its RAM is 3 GB and Flash Memory 32 GB.
It includes a Li-ion battery with 4,000 mAh which can be used to play music for up to 74 hours and can play videos for up to 14 hours.
However, it can allow you to use the internet for up to 10 hours only.
4) How long should a tablet last?
Though nothing confirm can be said about the lifespan of a tablet as any of its electronic components can stop working properly any time. However, the standard life of Apple iPads is four years. The lifespan of other models can vary.
But you should continue to use or at least use the security features of a tablet until it stops working completely.
According to a recent survey, the lifespan of a tablet can depend upon the period it can work without experiencing a fault. Almost 10% of the tablet users experience a fault in their tablet within the initial two years of buying it.
According to the information about Apple iPads, almost 11% of their iPads have not experienced any fault for up to 4 years.
5) Is it OK to leave a tablet plugged in all the time?
When you are using your tablet the there cannot be any problem in keeping it plugged in every time as its battery is not going to be overcharged.
Another reason not to worry about your tablet while plugging it in always is that most of the latest devices stop charging their batteries when it is fully charged due to their built-in protective circuit.
Though, it’s not dangerous to leave your tablet plugged in every time still with time it can age the battery of your tablet a bit earlier than its actual life.
Thus it can be concluded that there is no harm in leaving your tablet plugged in all the time unless the temperature of its battery does not rise remarkably high.
People always struggle in choosing an 8 inch tablet which will meet their requirement. They end up buying a wrong one. If you are looking for an 8 inch tablet equipped with a bundle of features then choose from the options mentioned above. Get the one that delight and satisfy you. The tablets are available of various ranges from cheapest to the expensive. Make the right choice now.